About the programme
Analytics is the practice of iterative, methodical exploration of an organization's data, with an emphasis on statistical analysis. Analytics is used by companies committed to data-driven decision making. A contemporary business environment thrives on adaptability, optimization of resources, and the ability to function prospectively. For this, any business enterprise requires analytical skills to identify key solutions, trends, and patterns in a structured manner. St. Joseph’s College of Commerce’s B.Com (Analytics) Programme develops individuals who can pursue career in the area of analytics and continue their professional development by specializing in different domains related to analytics, who can apply analytics tools and techniques to solve business analytics problems. The Program is accredited by the Institute of Analytics, UK. The Degree focuses on the conceptual knowledge in the multiple disciplines of analytics. The College intends to imbibe value based education to the students that will help them function effectively in their business analytics career.
The Institute of Analytics (IoA) is the Professional Body for Analytics and Data Science professionals in UK and International. IoA is a not-for-profit organisation that exists to promote greater awareness, understanding and innovation in Analytics. IoA is fully supported in their mission by leading organisations in the sector. The Institute of Analytics provides members with the opportunity to network with other professionals in the industry, to learn about career development opportunities, to share knowledge and expertise, to access continuous professional development programmes and to carry the official designation of membership.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
• To provide foundational knowledge and grounding in the domain of Commerce and Analytical studies.
• Ability to apply analytics techniques to analyse and interpret the data.
• Ability to use tools such as Python, R and so on to solve business analytics problem.
• Ability to work with structured, semi – structured and unstructured data and to perform descriptive,
predictive and prescriptive analytics.
• To develop business professionals with a broad understanding of data collection and analysis and its
• To foster an environment of observation, and analysis of numbers, patterns, and trends.
• To analytically decipher the causes and solutions of business problems retrospectively and prospectively.
• Have necessary skills and understanding to take up advanced topics in the area of
analytics and thus enhance their career.
At SJCC, aside from academic aspirations, holistic development of a student is its highest goal. And in order to achieve this, multiple social activities are conducted over the three year Programme, to develop a sense of community.
⇢ As an Integrated Programme, the students will be Graduate members of Institute of Analytics, UK when
they successfully complete the B.Com Degree.
⇢ Workshops on various programming languages, Guest seminars, discussions and interactions are
arranged with Institute of Analytics on an ongoing basis to keep our students up to date with any
changes in the industry.
• Web based learning
• Role Play and practical assignments
• Guest lectures, workshops and seminars
• Case study and presentations
• Panel discussions and symposiums
• Simulation activities
• Practical job enhancement through lab based learning.
• Tie-ups with external learning partners.