B.Com (Professional - Strategic Finance)
About the programme
This programme has been designed in collaboration with the Institute of Management Accountant (IMA), USA to provide students with the unique opportunity to pursue their CMA qualification in tandem with their under graduation. The Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is the highest level of certification in management accounting awarded by IMA, USA. This Programme enables the students to obtain substantial fundamental knowledge of various financial and management accounting subjects. The core subjects will be taught by experienced professionals from the industry as well as by competent faculty of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce. This Programme is also well suited for students pursuing Indian professional programmes such as CA, CMA and CS.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
• Be competent, creative and highly valued professionals in industry, academia, or government.
• Be flexible and adaptable in the workplace, possess the capacity to embrace new opportunities of
emerging technologies, leadership and teamwork opportunities, all affording
sustainable management careers.
• Continue their professional development by obtaining advanced degrees in Management or
other professional fields.
• Act with global, ethical, societal, ecological and commercial awareness, as is expected of practicing
• Adapt to a rapidly changing environment with learned and applied new skills, become socially
responsible and value driven citizens, committed to sustainable development.
⇢ As an integrated program, all necessary coaching and training for the
CMA papers will be provided in college.
⇢ Students are given intensive tutoring by trained internal faculty as well as regular mentoring from our
⇢ Consideration has been given to the timings of students to ensure that there are no clashes between
CMA exam schedules and college activities.
⇢ Guest seminars, discussions and interactions are arranged with IMA/Miles Education on an ongoing
basis to keep our students up to date with any changes in the industry.
• E-learning techniques
• Ongoing lectures from ACCA professionals
• Case studies from an international perspective
• Seminars, Workshops and Presentations
• Regular ‘Train the Trainer’ programs
• Panel discussions and Symposium