About the programme
This four year honours programme under National Education Policy has been designed in collaboration with the Institute of Management Accountant (IMA), USA to provide students with the unique opportunity to pursue their CMA qualification in tandem with their under graduation. The Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is the highest level of certification in management accounting awarded by IMA, USA. This Programme enables the students to obtain substantial fundamental knowledge of various financial and management accounting subjects. The core subjects will be taught by experienced professionals from the industry as well as by competent faculty of St. Joseph’s College of Commerce.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
• Be competent, creative and highly valued professionals in industry, academia, or government.
• Be flexible and adaptable in the workplace, possess the capacity to embrace new opportunities ofemerging technologies, leadership and teamwork opportunities, all affordingsustainable management careers.
• Continue their professional development by obtaining advanced degrees in Management orother professional fields.
• Act with global, ethical, societal, ecological and commercial awareness, as is expected of practicingmanagement professionals.
• Adapt to a rapidly changing environment with learned and applied new skills, become sociallyresponsible and value driven citizens, committed to sustainable development.
⇢ As an integrated program, all necessary coaching and training for theCMA papers will be provided in college.
⇢ Students are given intensive tutoring by trained internal faculty as well as regular mentoring from ourlearning partners.
⇢ Consideration has been given to the timings of students to ensure that there are no clashes between CMA exam schedules and college activities.
⇢ Guest seminars, discussions and interactions are arranged with IMA/Miles Education on an ongoing basis to keep our students up to date with any changes in the industry.
• E-learning techniques, LMS access for revision
• Ongoing lectures from CMA professionals
• Case studies from an international perspective
• Seminars, Workshops and Presentations
• Regular ‘Train the Trainer’ programs
• Panel discussions and Symposium