- National level Experiential Training Program SJCC-Research Centre provides guidance to students and faculty members for the enhancing their research skills. Centre organized a National level experiential workshop on ‘Research Methodology’ from 9th to 15th December, 2020. Workshop witnessed participants from 7 states of the country. Ten resource persons from the reputed institutes IIPM Rajasthan, GBU Delhi, MDI Gurgaon, NIT Trichy, St. Joseph’s College Trichy delivered their expertise. Dr. Deepika Joshi and Dr. Sridhar LS was the convener of the program.
- Awareness Programme on PDS-ShodhShuddhi: In its endeavor to maintain ethics in research, the Research Centre organized a Webinar titled "Awareness Programme on PDS-ShodhShuddhi" for the faculty members on July 23, 2020. The programme is resourced by INFLIBNET, a unit of MHRD. The objective of the webinar was to enhance the understanding of research integrity among faculty members and train them on the use of Web based plagiarism detection software. The Research Centre registered all SJCC faculty members with INFLIBNET Centre in advance.
- Training program on EBSCO database: Webinar on Training and demonstration of EBSCO database was organized by SJCC Research Centre in association with Library and Information Centre of SJCC on September 12, 2020. Mr. Sreenivas, Training manager from EBSCO was the resource person. The objective of the program is to familiarize the scholars with various databases of EBSCO and an easy ways to explore them for the purpose of research.
- Experiential training program on Research methodology: Research Centre in collaboration with PG Department has organized a six days experiential training program for M. Com final year’s students from August 24 -25, 2020. The objective of the program is to enhance the research related skills of PG students and prepare them to undertake the dissertation work with knowledge and confidence. Seven session on various topics like research design, questionnaire construction, hypothesis testing, ethics in research, plagiarism policy of SJCC and UGC and writing the dissertation thesis and research articles were covered during the program. Five faculty members from SJCC shared their expertise on questionnaire design, sampling, data analysis technique etc with the students.
- Workshop on Basic of Research Methodology for UG students Two Days workshop from 8th – 9th Oct, 2020 was organized for the B. Com and BBA department students. Students of quest club and mainframe research forum participated in the workshop. They were trained on the basics of research, problem identification, hypothesis construction, questionnaire development, data collection and overview of various data analysis techniques.
- International Conference on ‘World Economic Resilience: Gearing for a Better Future’ The international conference titled ‘World Economic Resilience: Gearing for a Better Future’ was organized on 9th & 10th April, 2021 was organized by the B. Com Department. The conference was organized in collaboration with MAHSA University Malaysia and College of Mount Saint Vincent New York. The keynote address was delivered by Mr. Prasad Swaminathan who is a Group Senior Vice President and Global Head of Transformation and Organization for Adecco Workforce Solutions, Zürich, Switzerland.
- Business Acumen for The New Normal: Recover, Respond, Thrive The international conference titled ‘Business Acumen for The New Normal: Recover, Respond, Thrive’ was held on 4th February 2021 by the BBA Department. Dr. Ganesh LS, Retd. Professor, IIT Madras, India, Dr. Umair Zahid, Falmouth University, UK, Dr. Deepa Dani, Ness Wadia College of Commerce, India, Mr. Zawahir Siddique, Academic Head at Westford were the resource persons for the event.
- Reconfiguring Business Practices - A Call for Action in Building Resilience in Post Covid Era A seminar titled Reconfiguring Business Practices - A Call for Action in Building Resilience in Post Covid Era was conducted on March 24, 2021 by the Post Graduate Department. Mr. Abdul Majeed, Partner, Assurance, Price Waterhouse, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India was the Keynote Speaker for session.
- On July 15, 2020 Mr. Shree Murthy presented his research work ‘A study on Credit Models of Public Sector Banks in Karnataka
- In August 13, 2020, Mr. Girish presented his research work ‘A study on the Market Efficiency of Stock Markets and Forex Markets in India’
- On September 14, 2020, Ms. Fozia Mehtab comprehensively presented her research work “Behavioral Approach to Investment Decision: A Comparative Study Between Male and Female Investors in India”
Ph.D Synopsis Presentation
In its mandate of PhD thesis submission to Bangalore University, the Research Centre organizes a review presentation of the research work done by PhD scholar. The committee was constituted by Director, Research Centre in consultation of PhD guides. Committee appreciated the work of scholars and given necessary suggestions.
- Research Workshop SJCC-Research Centre provides guidance to students and faculty members for the enhancing theirresearch skills. Centre organized a National level experiential workshop on ‘Research Methodology’ from3rd to 9th December, 2019. Conference witnessed participants from 5 states of the country. Dr. DeepikaJoshi was the convener of the workshop.
- International Seminar on “Unfolding Contemporary Marketing: A Roadmap for FutureInnovation” The Department of Commerce organized a one-day International Conference titled “UnfoldingContemporary Marketing: A Roadmap for Future Innovation” on 10th December, 2019. The InternationalConference took place in association with Albers School of Business and Economics – Seattle Universityand Miles Education. The International Conference was organized with a view to bring forward theevolution of the marketing domain since its inception through the discussions, research and insights ofexperts and research scholars. The Conference brought forward the disruptive innovative practices inmodern markets and helped to identify marketing areas where future innovation and technologicaladvancement could develop. Ms. Veenu Joy was the convener.
- National Seminar on “Paradigm Shift in Business Management AND Economics” The BBA Department organized a one-day national seminar on “Paradigm Shift in Business Managementand Economics” on 21st August, 2019. The objective of the seminar was to understand the views aboutshift in businesses, management and economics. Dr. Deepika Joshi was the convener.
- National Seminar on “Next Generation tools: Future Roadmap for Business and Industry” The PG department oragzanized a one day national seminar on “Next Generation tools: Future Roadmapfor Business and Industry” on March 11, 2020. The objective of the seminar was to understandtechnological revolution and its impact upon society, business and nation. Dr. Deepika Joshi was theconvener.
- Experiential Training Workshop on Dissertation Writing for PG students The final year M. Com students attended a six-day training program on dissertation writing from 15th to20th July, 2019. The training program was organized to equip the students with relevant skills tosmoothly work on their dissertation.